Friday, July 23, 2010

Say It Ain't So!

It started off as an ordinary morning. I got up, ate breakfast, checked my email. And there it was, staring me in the face (imagine an old fashioned western shoot out ready to take place - computer with blue bandana, red bandana for me, guns drawn and ready to fire)...the Staples weekly circular. Okay, no big deal for most people, certainly not worthy of writing about. However, this was THE ad. School supply specials.

Oh dear school supplies, I'm just not ready for you yet. It's still July and it's too hot outside to think about the sweatbox that is my classroom in September (forget what it's like in the summer - talk about a sauna! I should charge a gym fee to enter.) I appreciate the bargain prices at which you're being offered but I'm just not ready to pack up my flip flops and pull out my "professional" clothing. Unless you're planning on joining me at the beach for the next month, kindly wait patiently on the shelves at Staples and I will come to collect you at the end of August, but not a moment before.

No comments:

Post a Comment