Sunday, October 30, 2011

PiBoIdMo

Say what?!?!  That's Picture Book Idea Month (and my scary Halloween this year).  PiBoIdMo is a chance for picture book writers to force themselves to look for ideas for new picture books.  An "all-monther" of ideas (instead of an "all-nighter" for an exam).  Adjectives that come to mind for me thinking about this: daunting, overwhelming, insane, impossible, frustrating.  But from a more positive light: hopeful, helpful, challenging, improving.  The idea is to help writers find ideas anywhere and everywhere, to teach the brain how to look.

No, this isn't about what I've been reading lately, but it is certainly what I'll be reading in the future as I try to take my ideas and turn them into something that hopefully you'll read one day.  But I've also found that I haven't been reading as much as I'd like to lately either.  Maybe I'll get really into it and make it PiBoIdMo/RePiBoDaMo (Read a Picture Book a Day Month).

Maybe PiBoIdMo isn't for you, but it could be your jump-starter for something else.  Set a goal.  Maybe you'll only succeed to some extent, but it's a step at getting better at something, or becoming more of who you want to be.  And at least then you can say you tried.

Good luck, and let me know what you're crazy acronym is!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment