Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Superman (or Batman if you'd prefer)

Another great article for you: Dads are the 'Supermen' students need

If you know me at all, you know my feelings on the whole Chris Christie being "Superman" for the education system/NJ. I won't get into that in an attempt to save all of you from my what-could-be-pages-long diatribe about my job as a teacher.

Instead, I'm going to take the article one step further. Kids need a "Superman" that's real, down-to-earth, and truly super in some noteworthy way. Not the newest or most highly paid sports figure (though some of them are super in ways off the field), and not some video game hero who has become the product of some developer's late night dreams. Kids need a "Superman" who's tangible, a role model with whom they can interact, and actually mimic to become their own "Superman" at some point.

Kudos to those who make a difference in their job or anywhere else in this world, and do it out of the goodness of their heart, and not because of the public opinion it gives them.

No comments:

Post a Comment