Monday, March 21, 2011

Children's Book of the Week

In honor of the annual reading challenge at my school, over the next few weeks I'm going to post my favorite children's books that I've recently read.  So without further ado, the book of the week.

Aliens Love Underpants takes on the weighty conversation of extraterrestrial life and why those aliens really come to visit Earth.  No worries - they're not coming for you.  They're coming for your underpants!  After all, who can resist a clothesline of drawers swaying in the breeze?  The book is typical picture book length and written in rhyming verse.  The print is big enough to encourage struggling readers, but will keep everyone laughing the whole way through.  It's become a quick favorite of mine and leaves me wondering...if aliens are playing in our underpants, are they also responsible for those lost socks in the dryer?

No comments:

Post a Comment