Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

I suppose I should have logged on this morning and posted for his birthday earlier than with only a few hours remaining, but pulling off green eggs and ham, my own version of And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street, and oobleck all occupied the brain during the pre-school hours.  A successful celebration at school now over, it's time for my own birthday wishes.

I love to read.  I love rhyming books.  I love silly illustrations.  I love books that are quirky and fun.  I love books that have a moral and encourage children to be caring.  I love tongue twisters that make you laugh and made-up words that only make sense between the covers of a Dr. Seuss book.  I love teaching to read, and I love watching children find their own love for reading and joy in the power of playing with words.  I love Dr. Seuss.

I'll save you from reading my pitiful attempt at rhyming because some of my second graders could craft a better poem than I can (as exhibited today).  Instead, let's have a little fun with Dr. Seuss trivia.

****************************************

10 Things You May Not Have Known About Dr. Seuss (This would have been quite helpful when creating my multi-genre report years ago, but then, where's the chance to practice all those research skills?)

Dr. Seuss Quotes (I regret to admit that I only scored a 90%.)

****************************************

Happy birthday, Dr. Seuss.  "Today you are You, that is truer than true.  There is no one alive who is Youer than You." (Dr. Seuss, Happy Birthday to You!)


And how about you?  What's your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment